Benefits of Hypnobirthing
Hypnobirthing makes a positive difference to birth for both you and your baby:
- You are likely to experience a more comfortable birth.
- The length of your labour is often much shorter.
- Less drugs and medical intervention are needed (including ventouse, forceps and caesarean births).
- Your birth partner will learn how to support you and have a central and active role in the birth.
- Reduced incidence of perineal trauma/tearing.
- A calm and gentle birth for you, is also a calm and gentle birth for your baby! Your baby will be born into a calm and relaxed environment; alert and ready to bond with you.
- Quicker physical postnatal recovery.
- The initial benefits are obvious, but the long term benefits to you and your baby cannot be over-estimated either. Couples who practice hypnobirthing feel a greater sense of satisfaction overall with their birth experience and start parenthood is the best possible way. And a baby who enters the world alert and calm, and who is welcomed into a mother’s arms who is also alert and calm, loving and confident, starts life and forms its first relationship in this world in the best possible way.